The Myth of an Anti-Science Church
Galileo, Darwin, Teilhard, Hawking, Dawkins
By Gerard M. Verschuuren
Confused by the cultural myth of an anti-science church? Clarity comes in the form of this Catholic book penned by a geneticist and philosopher. Discover the truth, beginning with the fact that the Catholic Church does stand in substantial agreement with the discoveries of Galileo, Darwin and others. But does not agree with or support their personal, unsubstantiated conclusions drawn from these discoveries. A must read for teachers and others interested in this topic.
The words of five men are here examined:
- Galileo Galilei; the man at the center of some of the first anti-science claims.
- Charles Darwin, writer of the Origin of Species.
- Teilhard de Chardin, French Jesuit geologist and philosopher.
- Stephen Hawking; a prominent scientist of our own day.
- Richard Dawkins, well-known modern author, scientist and atheist.
Softcover, 222 pages.
Place this Catholic book into your cart or wish list above.